TPO ROOFING SYSTEMS IS ONE OF THE FASTEST GROWING ROOFING SYSTEMS ON THE MARKET
TPO is among the types of roofing membranes that have a single ply. This is an acronym which stands for the term Thermoplastic Polyolefin. The abbreviation is a way to state the roof membrane’s primary chemical which it is composed of.
There are a couple of primary categories that the NRCA or National Roofing Contractors Association define to be within the industry of the single ply. These are the thermoset membranes and the thermoplastic membranes. A part of the category of the thermoplastic membrane is the TPO.
When it comes to a lot of buyers, there may be minimal concern when it comes to the TPO roofing membrane and its chemical composition. However, there are a lot of buyers that are concerned about a single thing: they want to have their buildings kept dry through the installation of a roof system that is capable of performing wonderfully for a significant amount of time.
CHARACTERISTICS OF A TPO ROOF
- The thermoplastic membrane with a single-ply is called TPO roofing. This is installed in just a single membrane without numerous layers. You may have the membrane installed with the use of a variety of different methods which includes plate bonded, ballasted, adhered, and mechanically attached.
- There are specific manufacturers which includes Carlisle SynTec that includes the TPO that has a FleeceBack to its offering. This lets the membrane get adhered with the use of a urethane foam that has a low-rise.
- You may have the membrane installed with the use of a system that is plate bonded. The plates then get bonded to the membrane’s underside with the use of the induction welder.
- There is a wide variety of colors that TPO membranes are available in. The primary hues that are available are tan, grey, and white.
- The flashings and seams of the TPO may get completed with the use of equipment that welds with hot air.
- Warranties from the manufacturer can be available for installation that could reach for a maximum of three decades.Membranes of the TPO can be resistant to grease.
- There high ratings in wind that TPO membranes have whenever they get installed according to the specifications of the manufacturer’s assemblies which are tested beforehand.
THE USES OF TPO ROOFING
- Since you now possess a great understanding of the TPO membranes for roofing, you may eventually ask what the TPO roofing is utilized for. The following are the various uses of the TPO system for roofing membranes: Typically, TPO membrane systems for roofing are in use for roofing applications that are industrial and commercial.
- You can use any of these membranes on any residential homes. However, manufacturers often avoid the extension of their warranties whenever it is used in a residential area.
- Whenever the TPO roofing membrane is used for buildings, this is because owners often require a great quality roofing system that is welded with heat as protection for the contents of the building as well as the building itself.
- This may be in use in situations wherein the roofing assemblies get exposed to any contaminants such as grease or when single-ply membranes like EPDM cannot withstand the environment.
- Whenever people go out to buy a new assembly for the roof, they usually ask what the TPO roofing is. Whenever you consider the replacement of the roof system, it would be great to consider the TPO roof membrane as a possible solution. There may be no other membrane that is capable of performing well in every situation. Because of this, it would be best to have the membrane options compared as application for your unique situation so you can decide on the ideal solution.
- When you choose a new roof system it is also important to choose a quality professional roofing contractor who specializes in the type of system that you are interested in having installed on your building or structure.
Are you ready to discuss options for a TPO roof? Contact us!
Our company is serving the areas Sullivan, Mattoon, and Champaign as well as the surrounding vicinity. We provide free estimates, a five-year workmanship warranty, and discounts to veterans as well as honor the warranty of the manufacturer. Click here to contact us!